About the Preacher Curl Machine Exercise
The preacher curl machine – along with most other machine exercises – is a great way to gain introductory experience to a new movement. The minimal need for stability allows the trainee to place primary emphasis on the muscle contraction rather than performing a complex motor movement.
Preacher Curl Machine Exercise Video
The Preacher Curl Machine Exercise Video Is Coming Soon!
How to Perform Bicep Curls using the Preacher Curl Machine
- Adjust the machine to the appropriate settings, sit down and place the triceps (upper/rear arm) against the padding on the machine.
- Grasp the handles using your desired grip. Remember, a wide grip stresses the inner region while a narrow grip stresses the outer region of the biceps.
- Exhale, flex at the elbows and curl the handles up towards the shoulder region.
- Inhale, extend at the elbows and lower back down at a controlled speed.
- Repeat until desired number of repetitions are completed.
Allowing your training partner to apply slight resistance against the handles during the downward (eccentric) phase of the exercise is an effective way to increase the difficulty through variable resistance.